Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

My First Blog

Hey, my name is Melissa and I’ve just started my third and final year studying BSc Criminology and Criminal Psychology.

The first 2 years have been a whirlwind! It sounds cheesy but time really does fly when you’re having fun. Although settling in to third year is a scary prospect – lots and lots of work to do including a 10,000 dissertation along with multiple exams and countless assignments, I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in. My course is very interesting but not quite as CSI as many people assume when I tell them what I study (although we do talk a lot about serial killers, it isn’t quite as glamourous as on TV!)


I’ve really enjoyed getting involved with lots of different things at Greenwich including (one of my favourite aspects of university life) being part of the cheerleading squad. Last year I was social secretary which included organising lots of social events and fundraisers which was so much fun getting other people involved. This year I have been elected to be Chairlady which is a bit more responsibility as I have to ensure the smooth running of the squad. I really enjoy competing nationally with the squad, getting to travel all over the country, including my hometown of Bath – which I loved as my family and friends from home could come and watch to see what all the fuss was about! I would definitely recommend joining a sports club or society at uni as they really do become like a family, especially if you aren’t local to the area like me J. There are SO many different options and even if there’s nothing you fancy, you can set up your own society or sports club.

I also work for both the university and the students union alongside my studies which is also great for meeting new people and it’s great doing both as they are very different which means I don’t get bored of going to work! (Plus my spending habit is a little ridiculous….)

That’s all for now you know a little about me but I’m sure I’ll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment