Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

“A true friend is someone who thinks you’re a good egg….even though they know you’re slightly cracked..!”

Hiiiya J

So this weekend I took a break from my busy uni schedule and went to Portsmouth to stay with my oldest and best friend, Carla. We’ve been best friends since we were 3 and have been on many adventures together. Now we’re both in our 3rd year (Carla goes to Portsmouth Uni and studies Radiography), which coincidentally we both decided to go to uni at the same time at 21. Going to uni later than a lot of my friends was quite daunting as I thought I’d be one of the oldest but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought – especially as Carla went at the same time we really supported each other even though we’re at different universities.

Anyway, back to the weekend! I arrived in Portsmouth on Friday evening, sooo excited to see Carla. We hadn’t seen each other for 5 months due to me moving back to London for the summer to work over the clearing period. We decided to go for dinner and drinks at Giraffe in Gunwharf Quays – if you’ve never been to Portsmouth, Gunwharf Quays is an outlet village by the marina with shops and restaurants. At the moment they have their Christmas lights and decorations so it’s even more picturesque. We had so much to catch up on, it was a great opportunity to let off some steam and relax as we’ve both been under a lot of pressure at uni (deadlines quickly approaching!!!). We were going to go out out after but after a tummy full of food and even more gossip we decided to stay in and drink (maybe we’re getting old after all haha!).


On Saturday we had a wander around the shops and I spent money I didn't have (as usual) and bought a fluffy blanket and a Harry Potter deathly hallows t-shirt for my girlfriend, Georgia. We had lunch in a pub on the high-street and decided to go for dessert in pretty much the best place I have ever experienced – Scoops. Scoops is an ice cream parlour with waffles, sundaes, crepes, milkshakes! I have quite a sweet tooth so I was in heaven, I had a Nutella and banana waffle with Nutella ice cream and Carla had an M&M peanut butter waffle but they were so huge we could have shared!

I had such a nice, relaxing weekend with Carla but next time she’s coming to visit me in Greenwich, so I can show her round all the amazing things London has to offer. Although I’m really glad I chose to come to the University of Greenwich, it’s really nice to experience somewhere new for a few days!
Lots of love until next time,


Melissa xo


No comments:

Post a Comment